The SR4 School Radio Package
The SR4 Fixed Studio is supplied on custom built studio furniture designed to maximise function in a small footprint. The dimensions below will help you to decide the perfect location for your SR4 Studio.
The SR4 is a popular solution for primary and secondary schools looking to make a feature of their School Radio station by dedicating permanent studio space.
The SR4 furniture has been custom designed by School Radio to provide a compact, stylish and modern radio studio with the versatility to handle all types of shows.
The SR4 includes a full suite of professional software and an up-rated rack mount playout PC with 24" touchscreen monitor.
The package also includes the 9 channel SRM v2 broadcast mixer, microphones for up to four presenters, full Myriad Studio software and playout PC as well as a tower LED light to warn when microphones are 'live'.
Also included is streaming and web player for the first year plus 12 months support.
- 1 x 2u Rack Playout PC (i5, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, Windows 11, PCIe 4 Channel Sound, 24 Inch Touchscreen, Wireless Keyboard & Mouse)
- 1 x SR4 Studio Furniture
- 1 x 2u Rack Keyboard Tray
- 1 x SRMv2 Broadcast Mixer
- 1 x K500 Myriad 5/6 Playout Control Keyboard
- 4 x Rode Podmic
- 1 x Premium Rode Mic Arms
- 3 x Budget Desktop Microphone Stand
- 4 x Budget Studio Headphones
- 1 x Budget Headphone Amp (4 way)
- 1 x Small Studio Speakers
- 1 x Red Tower Light & Control Box
- 1 x Myriad 6 Playout - Studio Edition
- 1 x Small Studio Build & Testing
- 1 x Studio Package Custom Cabling & Connectors
- 1 x 12 x Month UK Office Hours Broadcast Radio Software Support Contract
- 1 x Annual Broadcast.Radio Standard Streaming (1000 streams @128kbps + Web Player)
Myriad Playout Included - Why Compromise
Myriad Playout is the UK's No.1 radio playout and automation system and can be found in more radio stations than any other system. Myriad is also used across the spectrum of radio broadcasters with our customer base including commercial, community, hospital, internet, student and school radio. So the system included in your studio package is the same technology we supply to the rest of the radio industry.
Your studio package also includes Myriad Playout Studio which can be used for creating shows or live & automated broadcasts, 24/7. You also get a full suite of supporting applications including Myriad Schedule (for music, link and advert scheduling), AutoPlayer, AutoImporter, OCP, RES, Remote Voice Tracking and more.
The SR4 Studio is supplied as a complete package including custom woodwork in a choice of colours ,with the Broadcast Radio SRM mixer 'sunk' into it for a flush finish. The dimensions of the supplied desk are 153cm x 75cm and approximately 72cm high.
Choose a colour
The SR4 is available in eight bold colour choices and for a small additional charge, we can customise your SR4 with a choice of two contrasting colours.
Includes 1st Years Streaming & Web Player
All School Radio packages includes a years free streaming and a customisable Web Player that you can easily embed on your existing school website, or you can use the one page 'micro site' included with your package.
You can also publish content directly to MixCloud which will also be listed in your embedded web player.
You can upgrade your School Radio package to enhance the ways that listeners can access your content.
- Full Website - Build a dedicated website for your School Radio station.
- Mobile Apps - Have dedicated apps on Android & iOS for your School Radio.
- Alexa Skills - Make your School Radio accessible by Alexa enabled devices.
For more details on your streaming and publishing options, talk to a member of our team.
Includes Printed Guide Book & Free Resources
Making School Radio programs can be very educational and fun, but if you are new to radio in general, where do you start?
In order to help our School Radio customers get started on their first content and support them with ideas for future School Radio shows, we have written a handy guide book that will walk you through the technical and creative aspects of planning, writing and recording your first School Radio show.
The book also includes some sample of resources to give you ideas for future content.
Every School Radio Studio Package includes a free printed copy of this book.
In addition, we also include free access to over 40 downloadable resources covering a range of topics and all linked to the National Curriculum.
- School Radio Lesson Ideas
- Roles In Radio
- Bounty Island Books - Book Review Show
- Conducting Radio Interviews
- HistoryLive - Creative History Show Concept
- Planning Shows
- School Trip
- Station Branding
- Plus many more....
Free Example Resource - Mystery On Spooky Hill
This short radio play example package includes an introduction to writing drama for radio as well as production note and tips. It also includes a short scene from a radio play complete with script, sound FX and production notes.
The full resource pack includes:
- Introduction & Key Skills
- Relevance To New National Curriculum
- Tips On Writing Your Own Radio Play
- Cast List & Production Notes
- Script - Scene 1 - Mystery On Spooky Hill
- Sound Effect & Narration Audio Files
- Technical Tips
Mystery On Spooky Hill was written specifically for School Radio and is not a complete play. Why not ask your students to write additional scenes to complete the story.