The SR0 School Radio Package
The School Radio Starter Package is the ideal starting point for any school that wishes to launch a School Radio station on a tight budget. The Starter Packages includes a full touch-screen Myriad system, a broadcast mixing desk, speakers, microphones, headphones, 'mic live' light plus a full years streaming and web player plus 12 months technical support.
The Starter Package comes complete with everything you need to start your School Radio station and includes the industry leading Myriad LT software and playout PC. This means that you don't need to compromise the tools your presenters have just because you are on a budget.
The self-install package includes all the information you need to get started and our handy tutorial videos and free resource packs will ensure you get off to a great start.
- 1 x D&R Webstation (6 channel broadcast mixer)
- 1 x Playout PC (small form factor)
- 1 x Wireless Keyboard & Mouse (USB)
- 1 x 22" Widescreen Monitor
- 2 x Budget Dynamic Microphone
- 2 x Budget Desktop Microphone Stand
- 2 x Budget Studio Headphones
- 1 x Small Studio Speakers
- 1 x Myriad 6 Playout - LT Edition
- 1 x Myriad AutoPlayer
- 1 x Small Studio Build & Testing
- 1 x Cables & Connector Kit
- 1 x 12 x Month UK Office Hours Broadcast Radio Software Support Contract
- 1 x Annual Broadcast.Radio Standard Streaming (1000 streams @128kbps + Web Player)
- 1 x Standard UK Delivery
Myriad Playout Included - Why Compromise
Myriad Playout is the UK's No.1 radio playout and automation system and can be found in more radio stations than any other system. Myriad is also used across the spectrum of radio broadcasters with our customer base including commercial, community, hospital, internet, student and school radio. So the system included in your studio package is the same technology we supply to the rest of the radio industry.
Your studio package also includes Myriad AutoPlayer which is a simple, self-contained system for playing pre-recorded shows or lists of content at specific scheduled times. This is ideal if you don't need to broadcast 24/7 but do want you content to be played at key times.
The SR0 Studio is supplied as an equipment only package to be installed on an existing desk. The recommended dimensions for the desk are 160cm x 70cm. Please note that you can use a 320mm wide x 295mm high hole cut into a desk to 'drop' the mixer into for a 'flush' fit.
Includes 1st Years Streaming & Web Player
All School Radio packages includes a years free streaming and a customisable Web Player that you can easily embed on your existing school website, or you can use the one page 'micro site' included with your package.
You can also publish content directly to MixCloud which will also be listed in your embedded web player.
You can upgrade your School Radio package to enhance the ways that listeners can access your content.
- Full Website - Build a dedicated website for your School Radio station.
- Mobile Apps - Have dedicated apps on Android & iOS for your School Radio.
- Alexa Skills - Make your School Radio accessible by Alexa enabled devices.
For more details on your streaming and publishing options, talk to a member of our team.
Includes Printed Guide Book & Free Resources
Making School Radio programs can be very educational and fun, but if you are new to radio in general, where do you start?
In order to help our School Radio customers get started on their first content and support them with ideas for future School Radio shows, we have written a handy guide book that will walk you through the technical and creative aspects of planning, writing and recording your first School Radio show.
The book also includes some sample of resources to give you ideas for future content.
Every School Radio Studio Package includes a free printed copy of this book.
In addition, we also include free access to over 40 downloadable resources covering a range of topics and all linked to the National Curriculum.
- School Radio Lesson Ideas
- Roles In Radio
- Bounty Island Books - Book Review Show
- Conducting Radio Interviews
- HistoryLive - Creative History Show Concept
- Planning Shows
- School Trip
- Station Branding
- Plus many more....
Free Example Resource - Mystery On Spooky Hill
This short radio play example package includes an introduction to writing drama for radio as well as production note and tips. It also includes a short scene from a radio play complete with script, sound FX and production notes.
The full resource pack includes:
- Introduction & Key Skills
- Relevance To New National Curriculum
- Tips On Writing Your Own Radio Play
- Cast List & Production Notes
- Script - Scene 1 - Mystery On Spooky Hill
- Sound Effect & Narration Audio Files
- Technical Tips
Mystery On Spooky Hill was written specifically for School Radio and is not a complete play. Why not ask your students to write additional scenes to complete the story.