The UR7 Digital School Radio Package
Our top end studio package features a raft of premium features and equipment to provide the ideal studio for serious broadcasters or for delivering radio or journalism focused courses to students of all ages.
The UR7 features premium varnished wooden studio furniture designed to allow the presenter to have direct 'line of sight' to the guests sitting opposite. The equipment rack is integrated into the side of the unit and the twin monitors are mounted on articulated monitor arms.
Mixing is taken care of by AEQ Forum IP Split digital console configured as a split console providing 12 assignable faders. The audio engine is mounted in the rack and connecting cables are fed through the desktop to minimise visible cables.
Premium microphones, microphone arms and headphones are used throughout to provide the highest level of audio fidelity. The studio also features high quality speakers and a separate amplifier for bright, accurate audio.
There is a 22" touchscreen located on the right hand side running the latest Myriad 5 Playout software which features multiple layouts and many advanced features such as the SmartInfo Panel(tm). You also get two additional Myriad Playout licenses as well as the full suite of supporting software.
The left screen is a 22" SmartSign that can be configured to display clocks for multiple time zones as well as 'mic live' and on-air status. There is also a 7" table top SmartSign on the presenters side of the table to indicate the guest mic status.
Other equipment includes a compressor/limiter, headphone amp, and everything else needed for your studio.
Onsite installation & training comes as standard as does lifetime support, resource access and two years subscription for streaming and Web Player.
Starting from £15,799+vat
- AEQ Forum IP Lite M-Core (4 x Mic Inputs, 4 x Stereo Analogue Outputs, 4 x Stereo Analogue Inputs, 16 x Stereo Dante In/Outs, Headphone & Speaker Outputs, GPIOs)
- 3 x 4 Fader Modules (12 faders)
- 1 x Control Section Module
- UR7 Studio Furniture
- 3 x Premium Mic Arms inc 12" Risers
- 3 x Premium Microphones (with wind shields)
- 3 x Professional Studio Headphones
- Active Studio Monitors
- Desk mounted XLR & Jacks (for mic points)
- Audio Compressor / Limiter (for output)
- Four Way Headphone Amp
- SmartSign 2 Software on 22" Monitor (on articulated arm)
- 22" Touchscreen (on articulated arm)
- Rackmount Myriad Playout PC (i5, 8GB Ram, 1TB HD, Windows 10 Pro)
- Dante Virtual Soundcard Driver
- Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
- K600 Myriad Control Keyboard
- 3 x Myriad Playout Studio Licence
- 1 x Myriad Schedule Standard License
- 1 x Myriad OCP Standard License
- 1 x Myriad AutoPlayer License
- 1 x AutoImporter License
- 1 x Additional Support Applications: Remote Edit Server.
- 1 x Lifetime Technical Support
- 24 x Months Streaming & Web Player
- 1 x Lifetime Access To School Radio Resources
- Mainland UK Installation
- How To Make School Radio Shows - Paperback Copy
Myriad Playout Included - Why Compromise
Myriad Playout is the UK's No.1 radio playout and automation system and can be found in more radio stations than any other system. Myriad is also used across the spectrum of radio broadcasters with our customer base including commercial, community, hospital, internet, student and school radio. So the system included in your studio package is the same technology we supply to the rest of the radio industry.
Your studio package also includes Myriad Playout Studio which can be used for creating shows or live & automated broadcasts, 24/7. You also get a full suite of supporting applications including Myriad Schedule (for music, link and advert scheduling), AutoPlayer, AutoImporter, OCP, RES, Remote Voice Tracking and more.
You also get two additional Myriad Playout licenses meaning you can install Myriad Playout on a couple of extra PC's to allow you to add content, plan shows and train your presenters.
The UR7 is supplied with premium, traditional studio furniture finished in vanished ash. The dimensions of the supplied desk are 160cm x 121cm and approximately 76cm high.
Includes 1st Years Streaming & Web Player
All School Radio packages includes a years free streaming and a customisable Web Player that you can easily embed on your existing school website, or you can use the one page 'micro site' included with your package.
You can also publish content directly to MixCloud which will also be listed in your embedded web player.
You can upgrade your School Radio package to enhance the ways that listeners can access your content.
- Full Website - Build a dedicated website for your School Radio station.
- Mobile Apps - Have dedicated apps on Android & iOS for your School Radio.
- Alexa Skills - Make your School Radio accessible by Alexa enabled devices.
For more details on your streaming and publishing options, talk to a member of our team.
Includes Printed Guide Book & Free Resources
Making School Radio programs can be very educational and fun, but if you are new to radio in general, where do you start?
In order to help our School Radio customers get started on their first content and support them with ideas for future School Radio shows, we have written a handy guide book that will walk you through the technical and creative aspects of planning, writing and recording your first School Radio show.
The book also includes some sample of resources to give you ideas for future content.
Every School Radio Studio Package includes a free printed copy of this book.
In addition, we also include free access to over 40 downloadable recourses covering a range of topics and all linked to the National Curriculum.
- School Radio Lesson Ideas
- Roles In Radio
- Bounty Island Books - Book Review Show
- Conducting Radio Interviews
- HistoryLive - Creative History Show Concept
- Planning Shows
- School Trip
- Station Branding
- Plus many more....
Free Example Resource - Mystery On Spooky Hill
This short radio play example package includes an introduction to writing drama for radio as well as production note and tips. It also includes a short scene from a radio play complete with script, sound FX and production notes.
The full resource pack includes:
- Introduction & Key Skills
- Relevance To New National Curriculum
- Tips On Writing Your Own Radio Play
- Cast List & Production Notes
- Script - Scene 1 - Mystery On Spooky Hill
- Sound Effect & Narration Audio Files
- Technical Tips
Mystery On Spooky Hill was written specifically for School Radio and is not a complete play. Why not ask your students to write additional scenes to complete the story.